Generally, Search Engine Optimization Techniques are classified into two different categories:
Black Hat SEO – Black-hat SEO is a technique that generally search engines don’t approve and attempt to minimize the effect-of.
White Hat SEO – White Hat SEO is a technique that search engine highly recommend as part of a design.
Black Hat SEO
- These tactics has the following bold features:
- These tactics redirect users to a page that was different from the one that search engine ranked.
- These tactics redirect users from a web page that is created for search engines which is more human friendly.
- These tactics attempt ranking improvements that are regret by the search engines.
- Cloaking SEO Tactics - Serving different versions for human visitors and search engine spiders/google bots.
- Metatag Stuffing – Repetitions of keywords in the metatags, and repeating keywords that are not related to the website content.
- These tactics use hidden text, using small font size of page background color, or hide them within HTML code.
- Keyword Stuffing - Compute placement of keywords within a web page to increase the keyword count, density of the page, and variety.
- Hosting multiple websites with similar content and using different URL’s.
- Page Hijacking – Built a rogue copy of well known website which display similar content to the original to web crawler, and redirect web surfers to malicious and unrelated website.
- Gateway Pages – create low quality pages with little content and stuffed with similar phrases and keywords.
White Hat SEO
- White Hat SEO has the following bold features:
- These tactics doesn’t involve in any deception – Say no to deception
- All the contents is according to the search engine’s guidelines.
- White Hat SEO ensures good high-quality web pages.
- These tactics ensures the availability of useful information on the web pages.
- These tactics ensures that the content indexes, and subsequently ranks is the content which user will see.
- These tactics ensures that the content have been created for the users and not just for the search engine’s to ranks.
I always encourage to do White Hat SEO and do no fool and misguide your website visitors. Honesty is the best Policy. Always stay away from Black Hat SEO to improve your website ranking. Search engine are smart enough to identify all the frauds and ultimately your website will not get anything in case of Black Hat SEO tactics.