When you start working on doing business online, the first and essiential thing you must think about is your domain name. Before considering a domain name, you must consider the following:
- You targeted audience, whom you want to sell
- What you want to sell them. Is the product tangible or a text and multimedia content.
- How is your business idea different from the one existing in the market?
Many SEO experts encourage to use keyword in a domain name. keywords in the the domain is recommended, but it may be done while keeping the domain short, free of hyphensn and memorable.
Keep in mind that using keywords in your domain name gives you advantage over your competitors. Keywords in the domain name can increase CTR (Click Through Rate).
Buying short and easy domain names is recommended. Try not to buy long and confusing domain using either heyphens and dashed etc. In the past few years, domain was a sifnificant role, but now search engine uses advanced features and it is no more significant factore.
Try not to use more than three words in your domain. It will make your domain easy to memorize. If you have notice some great brand like Google, Yahoo, eBay, and Wikipedia etc. they have create their own brand by creating their own words.
In order to keep your domain name popular, it should be easy how to spell, and it should able to guess what to sell.
Keep in mind
- You should know the answer of the following questions before choosing your own domain name:
- Why you’re building website?
- Why should people buy from you and not from others?
- How different are you from others?
- You target audience and what you want to sell?
- Inlist some popular websites that are great in your niche and think why they’re amazing.
- Write 5 to 6 domain names on a paper according to your business. Tell them to more than dozens of people and see their response on the name. you will get honest and valuable feedback from people.
- Lastly, Buy a domain name, which is more catchy, relevent to your business and memorable.